Here is what’s happening this week in LMU Extension and around the University:
- The Extension Summer Term begins today, May 15. Summer registration is open. View the catalog here.
- Info Session for the Peer Specialist to Youth Certificate Program on Saturday, May 20 at 1 p.m. in Culver City. This program prepares people with lived mental health challenges to support transitional age youth and parents of children, adolescents and transitional age youth who have also lived with mental health challenges.
- Workshop on Saturday, May 20 at 1 p.m.: “The Yoga of Food: Vegetarianism, Ecology and Food Activism” with Kathy Bingham and Patty Shenker. In this workshop, participants will explore the implications of our food choices on our personal and environmental health.
- Workshop on Saturday, May 21 at 1 p.m.: “Yoga, Ecology and the Environment” with Swami Omkarananda. This workshop will explore how we can connect modern ecology and environmental activism with the teachings of yoga in a way that inspires contemplation and action.
Classes beginning this Week
- Cultural Orientation (COPIM) III with Instructors Ricky Manalo and Aniedi Okure meets in Santa Barbara beginning Monday, May 15 at 5 p.m. This is the last 3-day session of COPIM, which is designed to support the ministry of priests and religious sisters and brothers whose native culture is not that of the United States.
- The next session of six-week Online Professional Development classes offered in partnership with ed2go begins Wednesday, May 17. Dozens of online classes in a variety of subjects are available. View the catalog.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we invite you to sign up for our monthly e-newsletter and email announcements, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Questions? Contact LMU Extension at (310) 338-1971 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.