With the undergraduate students gone for the summer, the campus sure is quiet. But the opportunities for learning never stop! Here is what’s happening this week in LMU Extension and around the University:
- LMU is transitioning its online learning platform from MyLMUConnect (Blackboard) to Brightspace beginning TODAY, May 8. During this transition, both platforms will be accessible. Access to MyLMUConnect will end June 30. Please see the ITS Web page for information on the transition, training, and support.
- Applications for the Yoga Therapy Rx certificate program are now being accepted. The deadline is Friday, September 8. Classes will begin October 7.
- Continuing Education Coordinator Fay Craton and Instructor Libby Hartigan will be leading a workshop, “Creating Partnerships that Make a Difference by Serving High-at-Risk Young Adults”, at the WORKCON Conference on May 11.
- LMU Professor Christopher Chapple will be honored at the annual LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce Teacher Eddy Awards on May 11. Dr. Chapple is an instructor and primary faculty advisor for the Yoga Studies programs in the Center for Religion and Spirituality (CRS) and a member of the CRS Advisory Board.
- Workshop on Wednesday, May 10 at 2:30 p.m.: “Being an Alcohol and Drug Counselor” with Fay Craton. This workshop will provide participants with a framework of information to guide them in their pursuit of becoming a substance abuse counselor.
Classes beginning this Week
- Cultural Orientation (COPIM) III with Instructors Ricky Manalo and Aniedi Okure meets in Santa Barbara beginning Monday, May 15 at 5 p.m. This is the last 3-day session of COPIM, which is designed to support the ministry of priests and religious sisters and brothers whose native culture is not that of the United States.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we invite you to sign up for our monthly e-newsletter and email announcements, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Questions? Contact LMU Extension at (310) 338-1971 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.