Well, believe it or now, it is finals week and the end of the traditional academic year. Where does the time go?! Congratulations to the graduating Class of 2017!
Here is what’s happening this week in LMU Extension and around the University:
- The application period for the Yoga Therapy Rx Certificate Program, beginning in the Fall, officially opens on May 5.
- Applications for the Peer Specialist for Youth Certificate Program, beginning June 5, are now being accepted.
- University Commencement begins this Friday, May 5, with the Commencement Mass at 7:30 p.m. Undergraduate Commencement will follow Saturday morning, May 6, at 9:30 a.m., and Graduate Commencement on Sunday morning, May 7, at 10 a.m. Law School Commencement will be held on Sunday, May 21. Click here for complete information.
- The Center for Religion and Spirituality (CRS) will hold a graduation ceremony for students completing certificate programs in the Diocese of Las Vegas on May 7 at Guardian Angel Cathedral in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Most Reverend Joseph A. Pepe, Bishop of Las Vegas, will preside.
- LMU is transitioning its online learning platform from MyLMUConnect (Blackboard) to Brightspace beginning May 8. During this transition, both platforms will be accessible. Access to MyLMUConnect will end June 30. Please see the ITS Web page for information on the transition, training, and support.
- Academic Services Coordinator Pat Ranftl was recently promoted to Program Associate. Pat’s portfolio includes academic services, contracts, continuing education program support, and tuition assistance. Congratulations, Pat!
- CRS Assistant Director Michael McNaught will moderate a panel on local Buddhist and Catholic joint-ministry to homeless women and men at the L.A. Department of Mental Health conference on Mental Health and Spirituality on May 3.
- MBA Information Session on Wednesday, May 3 at 7:15pm. Prospective students are invited to attend an information session to learn more this top-ranked program in the LMU College of Business Administration.
- Annual Doctoral Research Symposium on Thursday, May 4 at 6:00pm. Graduates of the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership for Social Justice program will present their dissertation research at the LMU School of Education.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we invite you to sign up for our monthly e-newsletter and email announcements, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Questions? Contact LMU Extension at (310) 338-1971 or email email@example.com.