Happy Easter! Here is what’s happening this week in LMU Extension and around the University:
- Registration for the Center for Religion and Spirituality’s (CRS) Yoga Therapy study trip to India, December 11-22, has opened. The trip will be led by Instructor Lori Rubenstein Fazzio and Shanna Hughes.
- The course Bhakti Yoga: Loving the Divine, scheduled to begin Monday, April 17, has been cancelled.
- A new seminar on Veteran and family care chaired by Instructor Mark Mitchell has been scheduled for June 3: “Veterans Mental Health: Accessing Care, Engaging in Treatment and Healing”
- A new CRS workshop with Christie Havey Smith has been scheduled for June 10: “My Sacred Story: Cultivating Awareness Through Writing”
- Open houses have been scheduled for prospective students interested in the Yoga Therapy Rx certificate programs: June 11 (advanced program), June 24 (clinical program), and July 9 (basic program).
- CRS Director Bob Hurteau was featured in a recent article in the National Catholic Reporter. Check it out online!
- LMU Yoga Day, sponsored by the Graduate Yoga Studies program, has been scheduled for September 16.
- Human Resources Professionals Mixer on Wednesday, April 19 at 6 p.m.: “Insider Strategies: How to Hire, Develop and Keep Great Employees” featuring Paul Falcone, HR Executive and Author. Presented by the LMU College of Business Administration
- Film Screening on Friday, April 21 at 7:30 p.m.: “The Way” directed by Emilio Estevez and starring Martin Sheen. Presented by the LMU Academy of Catholic Thought and Imagination
- Workshop on Saturday, Aprill 22 at 1 p.m.: “Mindful Games” with Susan Kaiser Greenland. Participants will explore the theory and practice of mindfulness with youth and its specific applications in home, classrooms, and clinical therapy settings.
- Chamber Orchestra Concert on Saturday, April 22 at 8 p.m. Presented by the LMU Department of Music
- Workshop on Sunday, April 23 at 1 p.m.: “Yoga in Schools” with Sarah Herrington. Participants will learn tools, techniques, and philosophies for teaching yoga in both public and private schools, focusing on grades K-5 with some discussion of upper grades.
- World Music Concert on Sunday, April 23 at 3 p.m. Presented by the LMU Department of Music
- Learn to Design and Run Your Own Web Hosting Server and Services with LMU Professor Namul Ula, Ph.D. will meet Wednesday evenings beginning May 17 on campus. In this course, students will learn how to design, develop and implement a stable web-hosting server in your own home costing less than $75.
Two new Advancement courses for K-12 Teachers have also been approved. Enrollment is open:
- From Burnout to Productivity: Creating a Path for Teacher Wellness: This course is designed to offer key strategies to educators for creating a healthy work/life balance, advocating for a more sustainable lifestyle, and improving outlook and inspiration both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Self-Care Strategies for Teachers: This course addresses the foundational health and well-being of teachers and takes a comprehensive inventory of the many aspects of the self – personally, and as teacher, parent, partner, friend, and community member.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we invite you to sign up for our monthly e-newsletter and email announcements, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Questions? Contact LMU Extension at (310) 338-1971 or email email@example.com.